Protection of the environment is a part of CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON values and principles , and considers it to be sound business practice. CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON is committed to prevention of pollution and to continual improvement of their environmental performance.
CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON ensures that all their activities are carried out in compliance with the relevant environmental legislation and other requirements and meets or where possible exceeds the requirements of their Environmental Management system.
The following key activities have been identified as significant:
- Energy – CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON is committed to minimizing their
consumption of non-renewable energy sources
- Waste – CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON works to minimize the wastes it generates and their impacts by seeking opportunities to reduce, reuse, recycle and recover otherwise redundant resources .
As a part of his environmental management system , CXR ANDERSON
JACOBSON is committed to meeting the requirements of the European
Union (EU) Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and
Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directives .
Directive WEEE 2002/96/EC requires producers of electrical and electronic equipment to take back, for reuse or recycling, of their products placed on the EU market after August 13, 2005.
Directive 2002/95/EC RoHS and its exemption list set limits on the use of certain substances found in electrical and electronic equipment. The intent of this legislation is to contribute to the protection of human health and reduce the amount of hazardous materials that may enter landfill sites, or otherwise contaminate the environment during end-of-life recycling. The Directive took effect on July 1, 2006, and it refers to the following hazardous substances:
- Transport – CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON is aware of the environmental impacts of their transport operations, and seeks ways to reduce them wherever practical through the use of sustainable transport and IT solutions
- Training - Everyone is encouraged to suggest ways in which these can be improved and will receive appropriate training to enable the aims and objectives to be achieved
- Procurement – CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON works to ensure that the products, services and materials which are purchased are as sustainable as practical and have the minimum impact on the environment within the constraints of product requirements
CXR ANDERSON JACOBSON has introduced a ISO 14001 system that will set, achieve and review measurable environmental objectives. The directors will provide appropriate resources as required in order to enable the company to meet these objectives.